Friday, January 8, 2010

Can I ever get rid of enlarged pores left from acne scarring?

I had moderate acne as a teenager but I have three or four large acne scars that are enlarged pores. They are pretty big and very easy to see as they are dented in and my skin is not smooth. If I get a chemical peel or microdermabrasion, can these large craters go away? Thank god they are only on one part of my cheek on each side of my face and not all over like it is for some. Can plastic surgery or something else work? Please help!!!!Can I ever get rid of enlarged pores left from acne scarring?
Microderma can help as long as these craters as you call them are not too deep. If they are, a deep chemical peel can be of more help.


Microderma is a lot more comfortable because it doesn't hurt, it's cheaper and has great results on superficial skin imperfections.


Hope this helps.Can I ever get rid of enlarged pores left from acne scarring?
yes; you answered your own question
Make an appointment with a qualified cosmetic dermatologist and they make all those assessments themselves. Whether it would be microdermabrasion or a chemical peel is really decided on a variety of factors. Dermabrasion I know costs less than chemical peels. But chemical peels usually work in multiple visits. So more down time. Either way you'd be looking at taking off sometime at work or school.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment